Before attending an interview
- When you are called for an interview you have to confirm about the date, time, and location of the interview.
- Be on time, you have to plan to be earlier than half an hour before the interview schedule time. And if you are going to be late, then best option is call them.
- You have to wear professional dress. Get your hair cut and styled, No gum, cigarette smell, heavy scents.
- Concentrate on the interview at the interview
- On arrival ensure that receptionist knows you are present.
- Your interview letter must be with you.
- If you are asked to bring certificates, references etc, get them ready before the day of interview.
- Always keep in mind that you never get a second chance to make a first impression.
- Collect sample questions on job interview.
- You can sign up to do a mock interview with a career counselor.
- Get a good night's sleep before your interview so you'll be as psychologically physically and emotionally ready for interview as possible.
- Carry additional resumes for distribution to department heads, search committees, and others you may meet who have not seen your resume.
- Employers typically require references. Get permission before using anyone as a reference. Make sure that they will give you a good reference. Try to avoid using relatives as references
- If you have to do a formal presentation, be well prepared.
- PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, In front of a mirror or with an audience of friends or colleagues